Ahh, I’m so honored to be nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award! It makes me very giddy. Huge thanks to Wit & Travesty for your nomination.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma. According to the creator “this award is for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
I was asked to share 3 things about myself. So….here I go!
- A few years ago I taught a NaNoWriMo (National November Writing Month) workshop at my local library. I had a great turn out with over 20 people showing up for the class. Not only was I glad to see so many local people interested in writing and dreaming to be published, but one of the attendees eventually did. I still remember her email to me, telling me that because of my workshop she finally had the courage and motivation to write a memoir, which she published successfully. What a fantastic feeling to help a fellow writer reach their goals!
- I love to decorate and feel the need to revamp things every year. I like modern furnishings and most of my house décor includes light green and deep blue accent colors over white. It makes me feel good to be in an “airy” environment. I also hate artificial lighting and prefer the rooms to be dappled in sunlight.
- I used to feel really ashamed of knowing one more language. When I first moved to the USA and started middle school, I didn’t want anyone to know where I was from and that I didn’t speak English. I was really ashamed of being “being different” and all I wanted was to fit in with the culture and not stand out. Now I realize that my Italian upbringing (and being bilingual) is a blessing and something to be proud of. I wish I hadn’t wasted so much time worrying what others thought of me and actually felt like I was perfect the way I was.
Wit & Travesty asked me the following questions:
- What do you like the most about yourself?
My relentless ability to recognize negative situations, unhealthy relationships, and toxic emotions and actually grow from them. I know so many people that let their past or negative circumstances dictate how they move forward or the type of life they lead. I always wanted to better myself; emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
- Do you mix personal with the professional on your social media platforms—and what do you share with your followers?
I do share some personal posts but it’s all about balance. My Instagram account, for example, has a few hints of my everyday life. I think it’s important for readers and followers, in general, to see the humanity in the author, to really get to know them as real people, not just professionals. I try not to go overboard, however. I’m pretty sure that my followers who are interested in my writing don’t want to see every food I eat or personal moments with my family.
- What’s your personality type? (share whichever quiz or test you like the most)
No quiz results but I am a big time introvert. As I get older I try to come out of my shell, but I do love being a loner. I’m not anti-social, but I value my peace and quiet.
- How long have you been blogging?
On and off for about 6-7 years.
- What’s the next goal you plan on tackling?
Publishing The Forest House (book one of The Ashar Prophecies) this fall and then finish writing book two.
Okay, so moving on to my 10 nominations! I would love to hear from you lovely people! My nominations for The Mystery Blogger Award are:
- Martha Sweeney
- Soulla Christodoulou
- Natalina Reis
- Erin McDermott
- Very Simple Thoughts
- Ashley Mcleo
- Becky Muth
- Margaret Locke
- Taryn Noelle Kloeden
- Leah Chiasson
Your five questions from me are:
- At what age did you realize you were a creative person?
- What is the strangest food combination you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your favorite book genre?
- Who is your most memorable school teacher?
- What is the one piece of technology you absolutely hate?
MY BEST POSTS:
- Good Things Are Coming Your Way
- Excerpts From THE FOREST HOUSE
- Psychic Vampires: Who Are They and Why Write About Them?
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10—20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Thanks again to Wit & Travesty for this award! I can’t wait to read everyone else’s responses.